Forest Ecosystems Dynamics RG
Mgr. Ivica Pivková, PhD.
Slovak Academy of Sciences
Institute of Forest Ecology of the Slovak Academy of Sciences
Forest Ecosystems Dynamics Research Group
Ľudovíta Štúra 1774/2
960 01 Zvolen
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org; email@example.com
- Assessing impact of environmental factors on development of natural and changed forest ecosystems
- Identifying and assessing impact of environmental stressors, including anthropogenic, on vitality of plant species
- Assessing of growth and production ability of herb layer of forest ecosystems
- Evaluation of processes of spatial distribution and accumulation of nutrients, risk elements and energy in soils and plant species
- Revitalization processes of woods in forest ecosystems in relation to the emission pollution and also to ongoing climate change
- The study of the translocation of selected risk and toxic elements in the soil-plant system and the risk of contamination of food chains
- The evaluation of productivity, energy and succession processes of plant species as a condition for preserving their biodiversity
- PhD. study (2010–2013), Technical University in Zvolen, Faculty of Ecology and Environmental Sciences, Department of Landscape Planning and Design, Zvolen, Slovakia (Study Program: Ecology and Biodiversity Protection)
- Master degree (2004–2009), Catholic University in Ruzomberok, Faculty of Education, Faculty of Arts and Letter, Ruzomberok, Slovakia (Teacher Training Programs: 1. Biology and Ecology 2. English Language and Literature)
- Institute of Forest Ecology, SAS (Junior Scientist since 2017)
- VEGA 2/0005/17 – Spatio-temporal changes of chemical and production properties of soils and phytocoenoses in segments of managed forest ecosystems (2017–2020)
- VEGA 2/0009/21 – Accumulation of energy and mineral elements in the soil-plant system of nature-friendly and anthropically affected forest ecosystems
- INTERINSTITUTIONAL AGREEMENT – Influence of abiotic and biotic stresses on properties of plants (11.11.2016 – 11.11.2026)
List of my publications
Environmental Monitoring and Assessment, 192 (8), pp. 534-534, 2020, ISSN: 0167-6369.
Impact of expressway on physiology of plants and accumulation of risk elements in forest ecosystems Journal Article
Plant, Soil and Environment, 65 (1), pp. 46-53, 2019.
The impact of highway motor vehicle traffic on energy stores Journal Article
Bulletin of Environmental Contamination and Toxicology, 103 (4), pp. 604-609, 2019.
Toxic elements and energy accumulation in topsoil and plants of spruce ecosystems Journal Article
Plant, Soil and Environment, 63 (9), pp. 402-408, 2017.