Plant Pathology and Mycology RG
Mgr. Zuzana Jánošíková, PhD.
Slovak Academy of Sciences
Institute of Forest Ecology
Plant Pathology & Mycology Research Group
949 01 Nitra
Phone: +421 37 6943337
Research Interests: Tree pathology, diversity and distribution of fungal pathogens, pathogens ecology, biology and virulence, hosts susceptibility
Current research interest: Dothistroma needle blight, fungal pathogens of pines
- PhD., Faculty of Natural Sciences, Constantin The Philosopher University in Nitra, Slovak Republic, 2013 (nature protection and use of the landscape)
- MSc., Faculty of Natural Sciences, Constantin The Philosopher University in Nitra, Slovak Republic, 2009 (ecology)
- Institute of Forest Ecology of Slovak Academy of Sciences
- researcher (since 2013)
- VEGA 2/0132/22 Impact of climate change on the distribution of selected pathogens of Pinus sp. trees (2022-2025, project leader)
- MVTS Ochrana mestských stromov (2021-2025, project leader)
- VEGA 2/0077/18 Identification, genetic variability a pathogenicity of economically important needle cast species on pines (2018-2021, member of research team)
- VEGA 2/0062/18 Ash dieback: the casual agents and disease control strategy (2018-2021, member of research team)
- SK-FR-2017-0025 Spatial analyses in population genetic studies of tree pathogens (2018-2019, member of research team)
- VEGA 2/0069/14 Biology, spread and diagnostics of harmful agent Dothistroma septosporum (Mycosphaerella pini), D. pini and other harful agents of pines assimilation organs (2014-2017, member of research team)
- VEGA 2/0071/14 Species diversity and biological characteristics of parasitic fungi associated with damage and withering of woody plants (2014-2017, member of research team)
- COST CA20132 Urban Tree Guard – Safeguarding European urban trees and forests through improved biosecurity (2021-2025, member of WG1 and WG2)
- COST FP 1403 Pine pitch canker – strategies for management of Gibberella circinata in greenhouses and forests (2015-2019)
- COST FP 1102 Determining invasiveness and risk of Dothistroma (2011-2015)
- 2015 – short term scientific mission, STSM purpose: Genetic diversity of Dothistroma in Slovakia, Centre for Ecosystems, Society and Biosecurity, Forest Research, Farnham, Surrey, United Kingdom, Domain: Forests, their Products and Services COST Action Number FP1102 Determining Invasiveness And Risk Of Dothistroma (DIAROD)
- 2014 – short term scientific mission, STSM Purpose: Resistance Mechanisms in Scots Pine to infection by Dothistroma septosporum, University of Aberdeen, Aberdeen, Scotland, United Kingdom, Domain: Forests, their Products and Services COST Action Number FP1102 Determining Invasiveness And Risk Of Dothistroma (DIAROD)
- 2014 COST Action FP1102 DIAROD Training School on Molecular Detection and Population Genetics of Dothistroma Needle Blight Pathogens, Swedish University of Agricultural Sciences – SLU Uppsala, Sweden
- 2014 COST Action: FP1102 DIAROD Training School on: Field Detection and Surveillance of Dothistroma needle blight pathogens, Alice Holt Lodge, Farnham, United Kingdom
- 2010 – Training on approaches to sustainable development in mountain areas under global change – Erasmus Intensive Programme SUSTMONT, University of Innsbruck
List of my publications:
Scandinavian Journal of Forest Research, 36 (5), pp. 325-332, 2021, ISSN: 0282-7581.
Plant Pathology, 70 (8), pp. 1883-1896, 2021, ISSN: 1365-3059.
European Journal of Plant Pathology, 160 (4), pp. 771-787, 2021, ISSN: 1573-8469.
Czech Mycology, 73 (1), pp. 109-119, 2021, ISSN: 1805-1421.
Journal of Fungi, 7 (2), pp. Article number: 111, 2021, ISBN: 2309-608X.
Journal of Plant Protection Research, 60 (4), pp. 399-405, 2020, ISSN: 1427-4345.
Folia Oecologica, 47 (2), pp. 144-152, 2020.
Scandinavian Journal of Forest Research, 33 (7), pp. 650-656, 2018, ISSN: 1651-1891.
Forest Pathology, 48 (3), pp. e12421, 2018, ISSN: 1437-4781.
European Journal of Plant Pathology, 148 (2), pp. 283-294, 2017, ISSN: 0929-1873.
Forest Pathology : Journal de pathologie forestiere, 46 (5), pp. 145-224, 2015, ISBN: 1437-4781.