Plant Pathology and Mycology RG
Research Group Leader
Mgr. Katarína Adamčíková, PhD.
Slovak Academy of Sciences
Institute of Forest Ecology
Plant Pathology & Mycology Research Group
949 01 Nitra
Phone: +421 37 6943 339
Research Interests: fungal diseases of woody plants, biological control, mycology, diversity and distribution of pathogens, plant protection. Current research interest: chestnut blight disease, Dothistroma needle blight, ash dieback.
- PhD., Faculty of Agrobiology and Food Resources Slovak University of Agriculture in Nitra, Slovakia 2004 (plant protection)
- MSc., Faculty of Natural Sciences Comenius University Bratislava, Department of Plant Physiology, Slovak Republic 1997 (biology – plant physiology)
- Institute of Forest Ecology of Slovak Academy of Sciences
- Senior researcher (since 2013)
- Head of Branch for Woody Plants Biology (since 2012)
- Scientific researcher – (2003 – 2012)
- PhD. student (1997 – 2003)
- MVTS Ochrana mestských stromov (2021-2025, member of research team)
- VEGA 2/0132/22 Impact of climate change on the distribution of selected pathogens of Pinus sp. trees (2022-2025, deputy of project leader)
- VEGA 2/0050/22 Unraveling of functional diversity and ecological role of fungi of the family Clavariaceae (2022-2025, member of research team)
- VEGA 1/0346/22 What we (do not) know about the genus Crepidotus (Agaricomycotina, fungi), (2022-2025, member of research team)
- APVV-20-0257 Tree and country – influence of trees on diversity of soil microorganisms in agricultural land (2021-2025, member of research team)
- VEGA 2/0077/18 Identification, genetic variability a pathogenicity of economically important needle cast species on pines (2018-2021, project leader)
- VEGA 2/0062/18 Ash dieback: the causal agents and disease control strategy (2018-2021, member of research team)
- SK-FR-2017-0025 Spatial analyses in population genetic studies of tree pathogens (2018-2019, project leader)
- VEGA 2/0018/18 Systematics and phylogeny of the genus Dermoloma in Europe and North America (2018-2021, member of research team)
- APVV-15-0210 Distribution potential of different fungal groups in Europe (2016–2020, member of research team)
- VEGA 2/00143/15 Study of the effect of environmental variables on the incidence and spread of chestnut blight in European chestnut (Castanea sativa) in Slovakia and possibilities to control this disease (2015-2018, deputy of project leader)
- VEGA 2/0069/14 Biology, spread and diagnostics of harmful agent Dothistroma septosporum (Mycosphaerella pini), D. pini and other harmful agents of pines assimilation organs (2014-2017, deputy of project leader)
- VEGA 2/0071/14 Species diversity and biological characteristics of parasitic fungi associated with damage and withering of woody plants (2014-2017, member of research team)
- HUSK/1101/2.2.1/0230 Name of project: Our common natural resource: the European chestnut (2012-2014, project leader)
- APVV SK-MAD 0024-10 Study of genetic resources of selected nut crops in Slovakia and Romania (2011-2012, member of research team)
- VEGA 2/0149/10 Study of morphological, genetical and biological characteristics of selected genera of fungi from Coelomycetes, their pathogenicity and occurrence in different ecological conditions (2010-2013, member of research team)
- VEGA 2/0149/10 Study of the phenotypic and genetic variability and different susceptibility to the fungi diseases European chestnut (Castanea sativa Mill.) (2010-2013, member of research team)
- Euphresco 2016-G-223 Lecanosticta – Brown spot disease of pines – spread in European forest ecosystems: impact on pines, predisposing and contributing factors, control (2017-2020, member of research team)
- COST FP 1403 Pine pitch canker – strategies for management of Gibberella circinata in greenhouses and forests (2015-2019)
- COST FP 1103 Fraxinus dieback in Europe: elaborating guidelines and strategies for sustainable management (2012-2016)
- COST FP 1102 Determining invasiveness and risk of Dothistroma (2011-2015)
List of my publications:
Diversity of microfungi on branches of Castanea sativa in Slovakia [Diverzita mikroskopických húb na konároch Castanea sativa na Slovensku] Journal Article
Polish Botanical Journal, 58 (2), pp. 741-746, 2013, ISSN: 1641-8180.
Folia Oecologica, 40 (1), pp. 137-140, 2013, ISSN: 1336-5266.
Folia Oecologica, 40 (1), pp. 41-49, 2013, ISSN: 1336-5266.
Central European Journal of Biology, 7 (2), pp. 267–274, 2012.
Gaštan jedlý na Slovensku. Perspektívy jeho ochrany a pestovania. Book
Garmond, Nitra, 2012, ISBN: 978-80-89408-14-6 1.
The development of population structure of Cryphonectria parasitica on European chestnut (Castanea sativa Mill.) in the Experimental Castanetarium Horne Lefantovce, observed over a 12-year study period Journal Article
Horticultural Science , 36 (2), pp. 55-60, 2009.