PPM Research Group
Mgr. Katarína Pastirčáková, PhD.
Slovak Academy of Sciences
Institute of Forest Ecology
Plant Pathology & Mycology Research Group
949 01 Nitra
Phone: +421 37 6943 358
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org; email@example.com
Research Interests: Fungal diseases of woody plants, pathogen biology, fungal taxonomy and diversity, Botryosphaeriales, Erysiphales, Rhytismatales.
- PhD. in Plant Protection; Institute of Experimental Phytopathology and Entomology, SAS, Ivanka pri Dunaji (1999-2002) and Institute of Forest Ecology, SAS, Zvolen (2003)
- Mgr. (MSc.) in Mathematics and Biology Education; Faculty of Natural Sciences, University of Constantine the Philosopher, Nitra (1994-1999)
- Branch for Woody Plants Biology, Institute of Forest Ecology, SAS, Nitra, Slovakia (researcher; since 2003)
- Department of Mycology, Institute of Experimental Phytopathology and Entomology, SAS, Ivanka pri Dunaji, Slovakia (PhD. student; 1999-2002)
- VEGA 2/0077/18 – Identification, genetic variability a pathogenicity of economically important needle cast species on pines (2018-2021, member of research team)
- VEGA 2/0062/18 – Ash dieback: the causal agents and disease control strategy (2018-2021, deputy of project leader)
- APVV-15-0210 – Distribution potential of different fungal groups in Europe (2016–2020, co-investigator)
- APVV-0421-07 – New methods of evaluation and mapping of biotic harmful agents in urban greenery (2008–2010, co-investigator)
- APVV-51-032604 – Invasive pests and parasitic fungi – originators of damage on Aesculus and Platanus genera (2005–2007, co-investigator)
- VEGA 2/0071/14 – Species diversity and biological characteristics of parasitic fungi associated with damage and withering of woody plants (2014–2017, principal investigator)
- VEGA 2/0069/14 – Biology, spread and identification of harmful agent Dothistroma septosporum (Mycosphaerella pini), D. pini and other harmful agents of assimilatory organs of pines (2014–2017, co-investigator)
- VEGA 2/0149/10 – Study of morphological, genetical and biological characteristics of selected genera of fungi from Coelomycetes, their pathogenicity and occurrence in different ecological conditions (2010–2013, deputy principal investigator)
- VEGA 2/7026/27 – Pathological changes of ornamental and utility woody plants caused by fungi and pests in changed environmental conditions as a cause of their premature withering and dieback (2007–2009, co-investigator)
- VEGA 2/4020/04 – Importance of biotic factors participating in damage of woody plants in urban environment, selected dendrological objects and woodland economic units of Slovakia (2004–2006, co-investigator)
- VEGA 2/1039/21 – Integrated study of factors involved in degradation of woody plants in the changed environment (2001–2003, co-investigator)
- VEGA 2/7118/20 – Causes of premature massive dieback and falling of leaves on the European horse-chestnut (Aesculus hippocastanum) (2000–2002, co-investigator)
List of my publications:
Central European Forestry Journal, 64 (2), pp. 133-139, 2018, ISSN: 0323-1046.
Forest Pathology, 48 (3), pp. e12421, 2018, ISSN: 1437-4781.
Hypoderma rubi on two new hosts in Slovakia Journal Article
Mycotaxon, 132 (4), pp. 849–855, 2017, ISSN: 0093-4666.
Baltic Forestry, 23 (1), pp. 52-55, 2017, ISSN: 2029-9230.
Phytotaxa, 299 (2), pp. 185-198, 2017, ISSN: 1179-3155.
Mycological Progress, 15 (4, article 36), pp. 1-18, 2016, ISSN: 1617-416X.
Cryptogamie, Mycologie, 35 (2), pp. 163-176, 2014, ISSN: 0181-1584.
Mycotaxon, 127 , pp. 51-57, 2014, ISSN: 0093-4666.
Czech Mycology, 65 (1), pp. 125-133, 2013, ISSN: 1211-0981.
Two important ascomycetes and their anamorphs on twigs of Betula pendula in Slovakia Journal Article
Polish Botanical Journal, 55 (2), pp. 373-380, 2010, ISSN: 1641-8180.
Influence of selected climatological characteristics on antracnose diseases development on plane trees Journal Article
Ekológia (Bratislava), 29 (4), pp. 430-440, 2010.
Guignardia aesculi on species of Aesculus: new records from Europe and Asia Journal Article
Mycotaxon, 108 , pp. 287-296, 2009, ISSN: 0093-4666.
European record of Subramaniula thielavioides on opium poppy Journal Article
Acta Mycologica, 44 (1), pp. 7-9, 2009, ISSN: 0001-625X.
European hornbeam powdery mildew Erysiphe arcuata in Slovakia Journal Article
Journal of Phytopathology, 156 (10), pp. 597-601, 2008, ISSN: 0931-1785.
Stachys byzantina, a new host of Neoerysiphe galeopsidis for Slovakia Journal Article
Czech Mycology, 60 (2), pp. 256-264, 2008.
Neoerysiphe galeopsidis on Stachys species in Slovakia and the Czech Republic based on a re-examination of herbarium collections. Journal Article
Czech Mycology, 60 (2), pp. 251-264, 2008, ISSN: 1211-0981.
Scopinella solani on graminicolous hosts in Slovakia and the Czech Republic Journal Article
Mycotaxon, 102 , pp. 383-387, 2007, ISSN: 0093-4666.
Influence of changed ecological conditions of environment on occurrence of London plane (Platanus x hispanica Münchh.) anthracnose Journal Article
Folia Oecologica, 34 (1), pp. 1-8, 2007.
The anamorph of Erysiphe platani on Platanus ×hispanica in Slovakia Journal Article
Mycotaxon, 97 , pp. 189-194, 2006, ISSN: 0093-4666.
The Catalpa powdery mildew Erysiphe elevata in Slovakia Journal Article
Cryptogamie, Mycologie, 27 (1), pp. 31-34, 2006, ISSN: 0181-1584.
Erysiphe catalpae and Erysiphe elevata in Europe Journal Article
Mycological Progress, 3 (4), pp. 291-296, 2004, ISSN: 1617-416X.
Erysiphe flexuosa – a new species of powdery mildew for Slovakia Journal Article
Biologia (Bratislava), 57 (4), pp. 437-440, 2002, ISSN: 0006-3088.
Epidemic spread of Erysiphe flexuosa (North American powdery mildew disease of horse-chestnut) in Europe Journal Article
Schlechtendalia, 8 , pp. 39-45, 2002, ISSN: 1436-2317.
Mercury, cadmium, lead and copper contents in fruiting bodies of selected edible mushrooms in contaminated Middle Spiš region, Slovakia Journal Article
Ekológia (Bratislava), 20 (4), pp. 440-446, 2001, ISSN: 1335-342X.
Concentrations of mercury, cadmium, lead and copper in fruiting bodies of edible mushrooms in an emission area of a copper smelter and a mercury smelter Journal Article
Science of the Total Environment, 246 , pp. 61-67, 2000, ISSN: 0048-9697.