EBE Research Group
RNDr. Krištín Anton , DrSc.
Slovak Academy of Sciences
Institute of Forest Ecology
Member of Evolutionary & Behavioural Ecology Research Group
Ľudovíta Štúra 1774/2
960 01 Zvolen
Phone: +421 902641420
Research Interests: behavioural ecology and reproductive strategies of birds, orthopterans; foraging and feeding ecology of birds, relationships between birds, insects and plants; life decisions and survival strategies in selected endangered species of birds, orthopterans and bats; IUCN Red List of European Orthoptera and principles for species selection in Anex II of Habitats Directive. Applied research is focused on suggestions of rules and principles in habitats management for particular study species and assemblages.
- DSc. (DrSc.) in Ecology, 010520-010530, Slovak Academy of Sciences, Bratislava (2007)
- PhD. in Ecology and Systematic Zoology, Comenius University, Bratislava (1982-1985)
- RNDr. Department of Systematic Zoology and Ecology, Comenius University, Bratislava (1980)
- Senior scientist, Institute of Forest Ecology, SAS, Zvolen (since 1993)
- VEGA 2/0097/16 – Ecology and reproductive strategies in related and syntopic living animals (principal investigator)
- VEGA 2/0061/15 – Evolutionary ecology of invertebrates using copulation gifts: impact of area, habitat, phenotype and genetics
- VEGA 2/0035/13 – Reactions of animal species to changing forest structure
- VEGA 2/0157/11 – Fragmentation and formation of new habitats after forest disturbances: ecological plasticity of species and their communities (principal investigator)
- APVV 497-10 – Adaptive and non-adaptive changes of phenotype traits evolving in isolated populations
- Konrad Lorenz Institute of comparative Ethology Wien at Austrian Academy of Sciences (Austria, 11 months in 1996 – 2015)
- Institute of Zoology Chinese Academy of Sciences, Beijing (China, 5 months 2002, 2003, 2004, 2007, 2011)
- Consejo superior de Investigationes Cientificas (CSIC), Estaciones Experimentale de la zonas Aridas, Almeria (Spain, 2 months 1999, 2004)
- International Ornithological Centre, Eilat, (Israel 2 weeks 1997)
- Institute of Ecology PAN Warszawa (Poland, 3 months in 1994 -1996)
- Alexander von Humboldt fellowship – Department of Animal Ecology of University Bayreuth a Department of Applied Zoology of Ludwig Maximilian University in Munich (Germany, 13 months in 1991 – 1992)
Scientific – organizational activity:
- member of the Grant Agency, Commission for Ecological and Biological Sciences at the Slovak Academy of Sciences (1991-1997, 1999-2015)
- organizator of 28 international ornithological conferences in Slovakia (1988-2015) and 12 international mammaliological conferences (1994-2015)
- co-organizator of the 11 International conferences in China, Germany, Austria and Poland
- head of Department of Animal Ecology at the Institute of Forest Ecology of Slovak Academy of Sciences in Zvolen (since 1993)
- chairman of Committee of experts for Animal conservation by Slovak environmental Agency Banska Bystrica (since 1994)
- independent expert European Commission for NATURA 2000 (Bruxelles, Paris, since 2005)
- member of the Learned Society in Slovakia (since 2016)
- chair of Scientific board at Institute of Forest Ecology SAS, Zvolen (since 2017)
- supervisor of 11 doctoral dissertations in animal ecology (1 Prague, 1 Munich, 1 České Budějovice, 1 Bratislava, 7 Zvolen)
- consultant and profesor of 4 foreign PhD. students a Diploma thesis Students (Wirtitsch – Austria 1999, Raess & Schmiedl – Germany 2001-2002, Strasser & Hahner – Germany 2005, Barner – Germany 2016) and 3 post doc stays in Slovakia
- reviewer for Ph.D. Thesis, Assis Prof., Professores on following Universities: Munich (1995), Wien (2001), Praha (1999, 2000, 2002, 2004, 2008), České Budějovice (1999, 2001, 2007), Brno (1996, 2008), Bratislava (od r. 1994), Zvolen (since 1992)
- Chair of the Commission for Dsc./DrSc. theses defences in the field Ecology (101520-10530) in Czech and Slovak Republics (2010–2015, 2016-2021)
- Member of Expert Commissions for Ph.D. thesis defending at following Universities and disciplines: Prague – Zoology (since 1996), Bratislava – Zoology (1994–2010), Zvolen –Ecology (1994–2010), Zvolen – Hunting & game biology (since 2005), Zvolen – General ecology and ecology of individuals and populations (since 2008 guarant of this PhD study at IFE SAS)
- invited lectures on foreign Universities – Ľviv 1989 (Ukrajine), Bayreuth 1992, Munich 1992, 1993, Bonn 1992, Bochum 1994, 1995, Franfurkt am Main 2002 (Germany), Budapest 1994, 1996, 2002 (Hungary), Wien 1995, 1997, 1999, 2001 (Austria), Praha (1993,1996,1999,2001), Beijing 2003, Xi-An 2003, Kunmimg 2007 (China), Dornbirn 2003 (Austria), Erlangen 2004 (Germany), Olomouc, Czech Rep. (2005), University of East Anglia, Norwich, UK (2013), Masaryk University, Brno, Czech Rep. (2014)
- lectures and practices: Animal Ecology – PriFUK Bratislava (1981-1982), – Bayreuth and Munich University (1991-1992)
Editorial & Public activity & Patents:
- member of editorial boards of international professional journals as Folia Zoologica (since 1995) , Biologia (Bratislava) (since 1991) – both registered in WOS and CC, Sylvia (Prague, since 1993) registered in SCOPUS, Tichodroma (Bratislava – editor in chief since 2006) registered in Zoological records
- independent expert of European Commision for NATURA 2000 (Bruxelles, Paris, since 2005)
- member of Grasshopper Specialist Group by IUCN (Bruxelles, since 2013)
- member of European Ornithologist Union Committee (1997-2003)
- reviewer in CC journals (e.g. Science, Nature, Behavioral Processes, Behaviour, Behavioral Ecology and Sociobiology, Biodiversity and Conservation, Journal of Arid environment, Journal of Ethology, Oecologia (Berlin), Oikos, Ornis fennica, Polish Journal of Ecology, Acta zoologica sinica, Folia zoologica, Biologia, Journal of Ornithology, Acta ornithological, Auk, Ibis…)
- member of scientific and professional unions: a/ Czech Ornithological Society, b/ Slovak Ornithological Society (vicepresident), c/ Slovak Zoological Society, d/ Slovak Entomological Society
- over 280 lectures at conferences, symposiums, workshops, congresses
- over 160 expertises, reviews and statements
- 9 patents on pheromone preparations and trapping systems for insects, six of them realized in praxis
- 1985: Golden medal Incheba – for pheromone trap and preparates for bark beetles
- 1992: Alexander von Humboldt fellow
- 1995, 2006, 2016: Bronz, silver & golden medal of Prof. Oskár Ferianc – for development of zoology and animal ecology in Slovakia
- 2000, 2001, 2002, 2012, 2013: Three Premium awards and two Prices of Slovak Literature foundation for international important monographs
- 2011: Honorary plaquette of Slovak Academy of Sciences for progress in biologicalsciences
- 2016: Medal of Rectora of the Technical univerzity in Zvolen – for long term cooperation with Technical univerzity in Zvolen
Full list of my publications: https://www.researchgate.net/profile/Anton_Kristin
ZooKeys, 665 , pp. 85-92, 2017.
Distinctive male–female acoustic duetting supports the specific status of Isophya fatrensis, a West-Carpathian endemic bush-cricket (Insecta: Orthoptera: Tettigoniidae: Phaneropterinae) Journal Article
Bioacoustics , pp. 1-14, 2017.
Journal of Ornithology, 158 (1), pp. 53-61, 2017, ISSN: 0021-8375.
Urban Forestry & Urban Greening, 27 , pp. 264-271, 2017.
Journal of Arachnology, 45 (2), pp. 213-222, 2017, ISSN: 0161-8202.
Chránené vtáčie územia Slovenska Book
Štátna ochrana prírody Slovenskej republiky, Banská Bystrica, 2016, ISBN: 978-80-89802-16-6.
Biologia, 71 (9), pp. 1049-1060, 2016.
Variability in nestling diet of European hoopes: annual and sampling effect Journal Article
Folia Zoologica, 65 (3), pp. 189-199, 2016.
Vespertilio, 18 , pp. 163-166, 2016, ISSN: 1213-6123.
Linking habitat specialization with species' traits in European birds Journal Article
Oikos, 125 (3), pp. 405-413, 2016.
A zoogeographical boundary between the Palaearctic and Sino-Japanese realms documentated by consistent north/south phylogeographical divergences in three woodland birds in eastern China Journal Article
Journal of Biogeography, 43 (11), pp. 2099-2112, 2016, ISSN: 1365-2699.
Evolutionary Ecology, 29 (5), pp. 787–797, 2015.
Ticks and Tick-Borne Diseases, 6 (3), pp. 330–333, 2015.
Open Life Sciences, 10 (1), pp. 1-6, 2015.
Journal of Insect Conservation, 18 (2), pp. 257–266, 2014.
Journal of Ornithology, 155 (1), pp. 121–134, 2014.
North-Western Journal of Zoology, 9 (1), pp. 185-190, 2013.
Slovak Raptor Journal , 6 , pp. 17–26, 2013, ISSN: 1337-3463.
Response to Orthoptera to clear-cuts in beech forests Journal Article
European Journal of Entomology, 110 (2), pp. 319-326, 2013.
Orthoptera assemblages of beech stand plots during early succession stages after clearcutting Journal Article
Journal of Forest Science, 59 (3), pp. 93-100, 2013.
Molecular Phylogenetics and Evolution, 65 (2), pp. 562–572, 2012.
Distribution of the Southern Oak Bush-cricket Meconema meridionale (Orthoptera, Tettigoniidae) in the Czech Republic and Slovakia Journal Article
Folia Oecologica, 39 (2), pp. 155-165, 2012.
Evolutionary Ecology, 26 (6), pp. 1331–1343, 2012.
Oecologia, 169 (1), pp. 117-124, 2012.