SWPI Research Group
Research Group Leader
Ing. Peter Ferus, PhD.
Slovak Academy of Sciences
Institute of Forest Ecology
Safe Woody Plant Introduction Research Group
Vieska nad Žitavou 178
951 52 Slepčany
- tree reproduction biology and ecological plasticity aspects triggering invasive behaviour
- invasive tree bioregulation based on allelopathy
- different aspects of tree drought tolerance enhancement
- 2000-2005 – PhD. study in Physiology of Crops and Trees at the Department of Plant Physiology, Faculty of Agrobiology and Food Resources, Slovak Agricultural University in Nitra [Thesis: Radiation and water use efficiency enhancement for photosynthesis and biomass production in fluctuating environmental conditions]
- 1995-2000 – Dipl. Ing. study in Plant Production Management at the Faculty of Agrobiology and Food Resources, Slovak Agricultural University in Nitra
- 2002, 2009-2011 – University of Pisa, Italy
- 2007 – Shandong Agricultural University, Taian, China
- 2008 –INRA Nancy, France
- 2011-2012 – University of Agriculture and Veterinary Medicine, Iasi, Romania
- 2014 – Taiwan Forestry Institute, Taipei, Taiwan
- 2015 – Institute of Botany AS CR, Průhonice, Czech Republic
- 2015-2017 – Institute of Geography RA, Bucharest, Romania
- 2016 – Instituto Multidisciplinario de Biología Vegetal (UNC-CONICET), Córdoba, Argentina
- 2006-2009 – Plant Physiology and Plant Eco-physiology at the Department of Plant Physiology, Faculty of Agrobiology and Food Resources, Slovak Agricultural University in Nitra
- 2009-2011 – Botany at the Department of Botany, Faculty of Agrobiology and Food Resources, Slovak Agricultural University in Nitra
- 2011-present Plant Biotechnologies in Mlyňany Arboretum IFE SAS for University of Constantine the Philosopher students
- 2013-present Member of Editorial Board of the scientific journal Folia Oecologica
- 2014-present Member of Scientific Board of the IFE SAS
- 2014-present Head of the Department of Dendrobiology, Mlyňany Arboretum IFE SAS
- 2014-present Deputy head of the Mlyňany Arboretum IFE SAS
Recent projects (principal researcher):
- 2017-2019 – SAS-NASU Changes in the number and activity of soil microorganisms during black locust invasion
- 2014-2017 – VEGA 2/0183/14 Environmental risks of rhododendron cultivation in Mlyňany Arboretum SAS
- 2014-2016 – COST TD 1209 European information system for alien species
- 2014-2015 – SAS-CONICET What does change when plants become invasive? Differences in reproduction biology and stress tolerance between Slovak and Argentinian honey locust (Gleditsia triacanthos L.) populations
- 2009-2011 – SK-IT-0018-08 Environmental stresses: antioxidative mechanisms for food production and quality improvement
- 2008-2009 – SK-FR-0024-07 Thermo-stability of photosynthesis in forest tree species from heat stress prone regions
- 2009-2011 – VEGA 2/0807/09 Tree photosynthesis stability under changing temperature environment
- 2008 – SAU project Modulation of antioxidant defense and susceptibility of plant photosynthetic reactions under environmental stress
List of my publications:
Watermelon leaf antioxidant defence under sea-like water irrigation differs with growth vigour Journal Article
Agrochimica, 62 (1), pp. 47-54, 2018.
Acta Universitatis Agriculturae et Silviculturae Mendelianae Brunensis, 65 (2), pp. 411-418, 2017.
Folia Oecologica, 44 (2), pp. 87-95, 2017, ISBN: 1336-5266.
Effective rhododendron propagation through stem cuttings Journal Article
Journal of Applied Horticulture, 19 (3), pp. 226-229, 2017, ISBN: 1336-5266.
Biologia, 70 (7), pp. 893–904, 2015.
Open Life Sciences, 10 (1), pp. 159–176, 2015.
Folia Oecologica, 40 (2), pp. 163-169, 2013, ISSN: 1336-5266.
Folia Oecologica, 40 (1), pp. 11-21, 2013, ISSN: 1336-5266.
Turkish Journal of Agriculture and Forestry, 35 (4), pp. 391-402, 2011.
Journal of Central European Agriculture, 11 (1), pp. 83-92, 2010.
Contemporary Agriculture / Savremena Poljoprivreda, 2 (3), pp. 11-19, 2010.
Scientific Works, 27 (2), pp. 215-234, 2008.
Does free putrescine regulate osmoprotective proline accumulation in dehydrated spring barley leaves? Journal Article
Acta Fytotechnica et Zootechnica, 9 (1), pp. 21-24, 2006.