SWPI Research Group
Ing. Peter Ferus, PhD.
Slovak Academy of Sciences
Institute of Forest Ecology
Detached workplace Mlyňany Arboretum
Vieska nad Žitavou 178
951 52 Slepčany
Phone: +421 37 6334211, kl.138; 0911 209 107
- tree reproduction biology and ecological plasticity aspects triggering invasive behaviour
- invasive tree bioregulation based on allelopathy
- different aspects of tree drought tolerance enhancement
- 2000-2005 PhD. study in Physiology of Crops and Trees at the Department of Plant Physiology, Faculty of Agrobiology and Food Resources, Slovak Agricultural University in Nitra
Thesis: Radiation and water use efficiency enhancement for photosynthesis and biomass production in fluctuating environmental conditions
- 1995-2000 Dipl. Ing. study in Plant Production Management at the Faculty of Agrobiology and Food Resources, Slovak Agricultural University in Nitra
- 2002, 2009-2011 University of Pisa, Italy
- 2007 Shandong Agricultural University, Taian, China
- 2008 INRA Nancy, France
- 2011-2012 University of Agriculture and Veterinary Medicine, Iasi, Romania
- 2014 Taiwan Forestry Institute, Taipei, Taiwan
- 2015 Institute of Botany AS CR, Průhonice, Czech Republic
- 2015-2017 Institute of Geography RA, Bucharest, Romania
- 2016 Instituto Multidisciplinario de Biología Vegetal (UNC-CONICET), Córdoba, Argentina
- 2006-2009 Plant Physiology and Plant Eco-physiology at the Department of Plant Physiology, Faculty of Agrobiology and Food Resources, Slovak Agricultural University in Nitra
- 2009-2011 Botany at the Department of Botany, Faculty of Agrobiology and Food Resources, Slovak Agricultural University in Nitra
- 2011-present Plant Biotechnologies in Mlyňany Arboretum IFE SAS for University of Constantine the Philosopher students
- 2013-present Member of Editorial Board of the scientific journal Folia Oecologica
- 2014-present Member of Scientific Board of the IFE SAS
- 2014-present Head of the Department of Dendrobiology, Mlyňany Arboretum IFE SAS
- 2014-present Deputy head of the Mlyňany Arboretum IFE SAS
Recent projects (principal researcher):
- 2017-2019 SAS-NASU Changes in the number and activity of soil microorganisms during black locust invasion
- 2014-2017 VEGA 2/0183/14 Environmental risks of rhododendron cultivation in Mlyňany Arboretum SAS
- 2014-2016 COST TD 1209 European information system for alien species
- 2014-2015 SAS-CONICET What does change when plants become invasive? Differences in reproduction biology and stress tolerance between Slovak and Argentinian honey locust (Gleditsia triacanthos L.) populations
- 2009-2011 SK-IT-0018-08 Environmental stresses: antioxidative mechanisms for food production and quality improvement
- 2008-2009 SK-FR-0024-07 Thermo-stability of photosynthesis in forest tree species from heat stress prone regions
- 2009-2011 VEGA 2/0807/09 Tree photosynthesis stability under changing temperature environment
- 2008 SAU project Modulation of antioxidant defense and susceptibility of plant photosynthetic reactions under environmental stress
List of my publications:
Acta Universitatis Agriculturae et Silviculturae Mendelianae Brunensis, 65 (2), pp. 411-418, 2017.
Biologia, 70 (7), pp. 893–904, 2015.
Open Life Sciences, 10 (1), pp. 159–176, 2015.
Folia Oecologica, 40 (2), pp. 163-169, 2013.
Folia Oecologica, 40 (1), pp. 11-21, 2013.
Turkish Journal of Agriculture and Forestry, 35 (4), pp. 391-402, 2011.
Journal of Central European Agriculture, 11 (1), pp. 83-92, 2010.
Contemporary Agriculture / Savremena Poljoprivreda, 2 (3), pp. 11-19, 2010.
Scientific Works, 27 (2), pp. 215-234, 2008.
Does free putrescine regulate osmoprotective proline accumulation in dehydrated spring barley leaves? Journal Article
Acta Fytotechnica et Zootechnica, 9 (1), pp. 21-24, 2006.