PPM Research Group
Ing. Emília Ondrušková, PhD.
Slovak Academy of Sciences
Institute of Forest Ecology
Plant Pathology & Mycology Research Group
949 01 Nitra
Phone: + 421 37 6943 339
Research Interests: My main research is focused on study of microscopic parasitic fungi which affect ornamental and forest trees, assessment of hosts health status and susceptibility, symptoms of damage, disease spread evaluation and study of pathogens biology and virulence in laboratory and field conditions, their molecular identification and genetic structure analyses. Current focus is on selected species of Dothistroma, Lecanosticta, Cyclaneusma, Cryphonectria and Hymenoscyphus.
- PhD. Faculty of Natural Sciences, Constantine the Philosopher University in Nitra 2007 (science 15-01- 9 General biology)
- Dipl. Ing. (Master degree.) Faculty of Agrobiology and Food Resources, Slovak University of Agriculture in Nitra, Slovak Republic 1999
Fellowship, training courses/schools, workshops:
- COST Action FP 1406 PINESTRENGTH „Applicability of next generation sequencing (NGS) techniques for F. circinatum studies“, University of Valladolid, Campus Palencia, La Yutera, Palencia, Spain, April 2017.
- Workshop DNA microarray and NGS-The basics of data processing. Institute of molecular biology, SAS, Bratislava, Slovakia, November 2015.
- COST Action FP1102 DIAROD Training School on Molecular Detection and Population Genetics of Dothistroma Needle Blight Pathogens, Swedish University of Agricultural Sciences – SLU Uppsala, Sweden, March 2014.
- FA COST Action 863 International Berry summer school – Genetic Approaches for improving berry adaptability and nutritional quality COST 863, Universita Polytechnica delle Marche, Alma Mater Studiorum Universita di Bologna, May 2009.
- FA COST Action 863 Workshop on Defining Needs of Berry Industries, March 2009, Odemira Portugal.
- Study stay- University für Bodenkultur, Wien – 3 months stay in Prof. Margit Laimer laboratory (VI. – VIII. 2008).
- STSM – Short Term Scientific Mission, FA COST Action 863– University für Bodenkultur, Wien, Austria, Scientific stay in Prof. Margit Laimer laboratory (II. – V. 2008).
- MARIE CURRIE FELLOWSHIP – Molecular biology laboratory of Prof. Peter Meyer, Centre of Plant Science, University of Leeds, United Kingdom, (I. 2005-VII. 2005).
- Management Committee substitute, COST Action FR1406: PINESTRENGTH
- Fellow of the Slovak Society for Agricultural, Forestry, Food and Veterinary Science by SAS
- DT: The occurrence of the needle disease on Pinus sp. caused by fungi of the genus Dothistroma (Dothistroma needle blight) at selected locations in Slovakia. RAKÚSOVÁ Dominika: [Diploma Thesis]. Constantine the Philosopher University in Nitra. Faculty of natural sciences. Department of Botanic and Genetics. Supervisor: Ing. Emília Ondrušková, PhD. Degree of qualification: Master of Biology. Nitra: FPV UKF, 2017, 87 p.
- DT: Using PCR techniques to map the MAT locus and determine the vegetative compatibility of Cryphonectria parasitica. BOŠKOVÁ, Barbara: [Diploma Thesis]. Constantine the Philosopher University in Nitra. Faculty of Natural Sciences. Supervisor: Ing. Emília Ondrušková, PhD. Degree of Qualification: Master of Biology. Nitra: FNS, 2015, 63 p.
- VEGA 2/0077/18 – Identification, genetic variability a pathogenicity of economically important needle cast species on pines (2018-2021, deputy of project leader)
- VEGA 2/0062/18 – Ash dieback: the causal agents and disease control strategy (2018-2021, member of research team)
- SK-FR-2017-0025 – Spatial analyses in population genetic studies of tree pathogens (2018-2019, member of research team)
- Euphresco 2016-G-223 – Lecanosticta – Brown spot disease of pines – spread in European forest ecosystems: impact on pines, predisposing and contributing factors, control (2017-2020, member of research team)
- „Pine pitch canker – strategies for management of Gibberella circinata in greenhouses and forests; Project number FP 1403; Funded by MVTS SAV; Duration: 05/15-05/19; Position: Member of the research group
- Fraxinus dieback in Europe: elaborating guidelines and strategies for sustainable management; Project number FP 1103; Funded by MVTS SAV; Duration: 04/12-
04/16; Position: Member of the research group
- Determining invasiveness and risk of Dothistroma; Project number FP 1102; Funded by MVTS SAV; Duration: 12/11-11/15; Position: Member of the research group
- „Pine pitch canker“- strategies for management of Gibberella circinata in greenhouses and forests (PINESTRENGTH) FP1406; CSO Approval date: 13/11/2014; Entry into force: 16/12/2014; End of Action: 08/05/2019; Funded by: COST; Position: Substitute Member
- Determining invasiveness and risk of Dothistroma (Diarod) FP 1102; CSO Approval date: 17/05/2011; Entry into force: 26/07/2011; End of Action: 04/12/2015; Funded by: COST; Position: MC Member
- Our common natural resource: the European chestnut; Project number: HUSK/1101/2.2.1/0230; Funded by: Cross-border Co-operation Programme Hungary- Slovakia 2007-2013, European Regional Development Fund; Duration: 10/12-07/14; Position: Member of the research group
- Species diversity and biological characteristics of parasitic fungi associated with damage and withering of woody plants; Project number 2/0071/14; Funded by scientific Grant Agency SAS and Ministry of Education SR; Duration: 01/14-12/17; Position: Member of the research group.
- Biology, spread and diagnostics of harmful agent Dothistroma septosporum (Mycosphaerella pini), D. pini and other harmful agents of pines assimilation organs; Project number 2/0069/14; Funded by Scientific Grant Agency SAS and Ministry of Education SR; Duration: 01/14-12/17; Position: Principal investigator
- Study of genetic resources of selected nut crops in Slovakia and Romania; Project number SK-MAD 0024-10; Funded by Slovak Research and Development Agency; Duration: 01/11-12/12; Position: Member of the research group
- Study of the phenotypic and genetic variability and different susceptibility to the fungi diseases in European chestnut (Castanea sativa Mill.). Project number 2/0214/10; Funded by Scientific Grant Agency SAS and Ministry of Education SR; Duration: 01/10-12/13; Position: Member of the research group
- Study of morphological, genetic and biological characteristics of selected genera of fungi from Coelomycetes, their pathogenicity and occurrence in different ecological conditions; Project number 2/0149/10: Project number 2/0149/10; Funded by Scientific Grant Agency SAS and Ministry of Education SR; Duration: 01/10-12/13; Funded by Scientific Grant Agency SAS and Ministry of Education SR; Position: Member of the research group
- Development of effective transformation and regeneration protocol for selected types of small fruit; Project number: 2/0004/08; Founded by: VEGA-Scientific Grant Agency SAS and Ministry of Education SR; Duration: 2008-2010; Position: Member of the research group.
- Processes of regeneration, reproduction and genetic variability in in vitro culture of less widespread fruit species. Project number: 2/5128/25; Founded by: VEGA –
Scientific Grant Agency SAS and Ministry of Education SR; Duration: 2005-2007; Position: Member of the research group.
- Plant production efficiency and quality increasing using biotechnology in selected fruit tree species. Project number: VEGA 2/2091/22; Founded by: VEGA -Scientific Grant Agency SAS and Ministry of Education SR; Position: Member of the research group. Duration: 2002-2004; Position: Member of the research group
List of my publications:
Journal of Fungi, 7 (2), pp. Article number: 111, 2021, ISBN: 2309-608X.
Biocontrol Science and Technology, 29 (9), pp. 840-851, 2019, ISSN: 0958-3157.
Scandinavian Journal of Forest Research, 33 (7), pp. 650-656, 2018, ISSN: 1651-1891.
Forest Pathology, 48 (3), pp. e12421, 2018, ISSN: 1437-4781.
European Journal of Plant Pathology, 148 (2), pp. 283-294, 2017, ISSN: 0929-1873.
Forest Pathology : Journal de pathologie forestiere, 46 (5), pp. 408-442, 2016, ISSN: 1437-4781.
Comparison of two Coniochaeta species (C. ligniaria and C. malacotricha) with a new pathogen of black pine needles - Sordaria macrospora Journal Article
Plant Protection Science, 52 (1), pp. 18-25, 2016.
Plant Protection Science, 51 (3), pp. 141-149, 2015.
Journal of Agricultural and Food Chemistry, 62 (47), pp. 11547–11556, 2014.
Mycotaxon, 127 , pp. 51-57, 2014, ISSN: 0093-4666.
Gaštan jedlý na Slovensku a v Európe : pestovanie, ochrana, variabilita a využitie [European chestnut in Slovakia : growing, protection, use and genetic variability] Book
Garamond, Nitra, 2014, ISBN: 978-80-89408-18-4.
Diversity of microfungi on branches of Castanea sativa in Slovakia [Diverzita mikroskopických húb na konároch Castanea sativa na Slovensku] Journal Article
Polish Botanical Journal, 58 (2), pp. 741-746, 2013, ISSN: 1641-8180.
Central European Journal of Biology, 7 (2), pp. 267–274, 2012.
Gaštan jedlý na Slovensku. Perspektívy jeho ochrany a pestovania. Book
Garmond, Nitra, 2012, ISBN: 978-80-89408-14-6 1.