Kádasi Horáková Miriam
PPM Research Group
Kádasi Horáková Miriam, Ing., PhD.
Slovak Academy of Sciences
Institute of Forest Ecology
Member of Plant Pathology & Mycology Research Group
949 01 Nitra
Phone: +421 37 6943 2419
Research Interests: molecular biology, population genetics, fungal diseases of woody plants, pathogen biology
- Ph.D in Institute of Plant Genetics and Biotechnology, Slovak Academy of Sciences (2009)
- Ing. (MSc.) in Applied Biology, Faculty of Agronomy of Slovak University of Agriculture in Nitra (2001)
- Researcher: Slovak Academy of Sciences, Institute of Forest Ecology, Branch for Woody Plants Biology (since 2011)
- Assistant lecturer: Slovak University of Agriculture in Nitra, Faculty of Biotechnology and Food Sciences, Department of microbiology (2009-2011)
- VEGA 2/0062/18 – Ash dieback: the causal agents and disease control strategy (2018-2021, project leader)
- VEGA 2/0077/18 – Identification, genetic variability a pathogenicity of economically important needle cast species on pines (2018-2021, member of research team)
- SK-FR-2017-0025 – Spatial analyses in population genetic studies of tree pathogens (2018-2019, member of research team)
- VEGA 2/0143/15 – Study of the effect of environmental variables on the incidence and spread of chestnut blight in European chestnut (Castanea sativa) in Slovakia and
possibilities to control on the disease (01/15-12/18)
- VEGA 2/0071/14 – Species diversity and biological characteristics of parasitic fungi associated with damage and withering of woody plants (01/14-12/17)
- VEGA 2/0069/14 – Biology, spread and identification of harmful agent Dothistroma septosporum (Mycosphaerella pini), D. pini and other harmful agents of assimilatory organs of pines (01/14-12/17)
- COST FP1406 – PINESTRENGTH „Pine pitch canker“ – strategies for management of Gibberella circinata in greenhouses and forests
- COST FP1103 Fraxinus dieback in Europe: elaborating guidelines and strategies for sustainable management (04/12-04/16)
- COST FP 1102 Determining invasiveness and risk of Dothistroma (Diarod) (07/11-12/15)
- HUSK/1101/2.2.1/0230 Our common natural resource: the European chestnut, Cross-border Co-operation Programme Hungary- Slovakia 2007-2013, European Regional Development Fund (10/12-07/14)
- 2013, Short term research stay at The Silva Tarouca Research Institute for Landscape and Ornamental Gardening, Prague-Pruhonice, Czech Republic
List of my publications:
Baltic Forestry, 23 (1), pp. 52-55, 2017, ISSN: 2029-9230.
European Journal of Plant Pathology, 148 (2), pp. 283-294, 2017, ISSN: 0929-1873.
Biologia, 70 (5), pp. 559–564, 2015.
Plant Protection Science, 51 (3), pp. 141-149, 2015.
Gaštan jedlý na Slovensku a v Európe : pestovanie, ochrana, variabilita a využitie [European chestnut in Slovakia : growing, protection, use and genetic variability] Book
Garamond, Nitra, 2014, ISBN: 978-80-89408-18-4.
Phytopathological evaluation of woody plants in the Arboretum Včelárska paseka in Kráľová pri Senci, Slovak Republic Journal Article
Folia Oecologica, 40 (1), pp. 41-49, 2013.