EBE Research group, Zvolen
Mgr. Ladislav Naďo, PhD.
Slovak Academy of Sciences
Institute of Forest Ecology
Evolutionary & Behavioural Ecology Research Group
Ľudovíta Štúra 1774/2
960 01 Zvolen
Phone: +421 949 491 889
Research Interests: My main research interest lies in behavioural ecology of tree-dwelling bats – particularly in understanding cooperative behaviour and group decision-making of bat groups during movement. My research aims at integrating field ecology with modern statistical tools. My publications has a strong link to conservation – they help to understand processes relevant for the protection of endangered species and suggest directions for management of forest habitats.
- PhD. in Ecology and Biodiversity Conservation, Institute of Forest Ecology, SAS (2012-2015)
- Mgr. (MSc.) Constantine the Philosopher University in Nitra (2007-2012)
- Post-Doc, Institute of Forest Ecology, SAS (since 2015)
- VEGA 2/0131/17 – Swarming behaviour as a mechanism of information transfer in bats (principal investigator)
- VEGA 2/0102/13 – Social behaviour and relationships in tree-dwelling bats
- VEGA 2/0035/13 – Reactions of animal species to changing forest structure
- Supportive Fund of Štefan Schwarz for Creation of Postdoctoral Positions at Slovak Academy of Sciences
List of my publications:
Structural, temporal and genetic properties of social groups in the short-lived migratory bat Nyctalus leisleri Journal Article
Acta Chiropterologica, 18 (1), pp. 215-222, 2016, ISSN: 1508-1109.
Vespertilio, 18 , pp. 163-166, 2016, ISSN: 1213-6123.
Behavioural Processes, 120 , pp. 80–86, 2015, ISSN: 0376-6357.
Mammal Review, 45 (4), pp. 215–226, 2015, ISSN: 1365-2907.
Bird Study, 61 , pp. 413-420, 2014.
Dawn swarming in tree-dwelling bats – an unexplored behaviour Journal Article
Acta Chiropterologica, 15 (2), pp. 387-392, 2013, ISSN: 1508-1109 .
Response to Orthoptera to clear-cuts in beech forests Journal Article
European Journal of Entomology, 110 (2), pp. 319-326, 2013.
Orthoptera assemblages of beech stand plots during early succession stages after clearcutting Journal Article
Journal of Forest Science, 59 (3), pp. 93-100, 2013.
Vespertilio, 15 , pp. 71-77, 2011, ISSN: 1213-6123.