Mgr. Potterf Mária, PhD.
Slovak Academy of Sciences
Institute of Forest Ecology
Department of Production Ecology
Maiden name: Havašová
Ľudovíta Štúra 1774/2
960 01 Zvolen
Phone: +421 45 5241 111, kl.302
- Ph.D. Ecology & Biodiversity Protection, Institute of Forest Ecology, Slovak Academy of Sciences, Zvolen, Slovakia (2012-2016)
- M.S. Physical Geography and Geoinformatics, Comenius University, Bratislava, Slovakia (2010-2012)
- M.S. Operation and Ecosystems Management, Université Henri Poincaré, Nancy, France (2010-2011)
- Research Assistant: Institute of Forest Ecology, Slovak Academy of Sciences,Zvolen, Slovakia (from 2016)
- Investigated the spatio-temporal dynamic and interaction between windthrow, insect damage and clear-cuts using remote sensing
- Pro-Term Research Assistant: Spatial Computation, Cognition and Complexity Lab, Department of Geography, University of Oregon (2015-2016)
- Examined the interaction between wind and bark beetle damage using agent-based modeling
- Examined how does the impact of social and physical attributes of timber harvesting influence where and when harvesting take place
- Research Assistant: Faculty of Forestry, Technical University, Zvolen,Slovakia, (2011)
- Investigation of the influence of light conditions in canopy gaps on natural regeneration of the old-growth European beech forest
Honors and awards
- Institute of Forest Ecology, Slovak Academy of Sciences
- 2017 Supportive Fund of Štefan Schwarz for Creation of Postdoctoral Positions at Slovak Academy of Sciences
- 2015 National scholarship programme of the Slovak Republic
- 2014 3rd price Student Seminar
- Commenius University
- 2010 French Government Scholarship for Master 2
Skills and interests:
- Computer: iOS, Windows, MS Office, R, NetLogo, ArcGIS 10.4, Erdas Imagine 2013, QGIS
- Programming languages: Python, R, NetLogo
- Languages: Slovak (mother tongue), English (C2), French (C2)
- Interests: travelling, hiking, maps, nature, reading
Forest Ecology and Management, 391 , pp. 349-361, 2017, ISSN: 03781127.
Agricultural and Forest Meteorology, 242 , pp. 85-95, 2017.
Annals of Forest Research, 58 (2), pp. 295-310, 2015.