Parák Michal, Ing., PhD.
Slovak Academy of Sciences
Institute of Forest Ecology
Department of Animal Ecology
Ľudovíta Štúra 1774/2
960 01 Zvolen
Phone: +421 45 5241 111, kl.201
Research Interests: Forest insect ecology, insect pests, modern statistical tools
- PhD. in Ecology and Biodiversity Conservation, Institute of Forest Ecology, SAS (2012-2015)
- Ing. (MSc.) in Ecology and Biodiversity Conservation, Faculty of Ecology and Environmental Sciences, Technical University in Zvolen (2010-2012)
- Bc. (BSc.) in Systematic Biology and Ecology, Faculty of Natural Sciences, Matej Bel University in Banská Bystrica (2007-2010)
- Post-Doc, Institute of Forest Ecology, SAS (since 2015)
- VEGA 2/0035/13 – Reactions of Animal Species to Changing Forest Structures (CO-PI)
- VEGA 2/0052/15 – Functionally Important Animal Species in Forest Ecosystem Dynamics in New Environment (CO-PI)
- VEGA 2/0012/17 – The Importance of Local Habitats and Microhabitats for The Spatial Distribution of Forest and Arboreal Arthropods (CO-PI)
- APVV 14-0567 – Information and Warning System for Invasive Organisms in the Forests and Urban Areas (CO-PI)
- COST Action Alien Challenge TD1209 – European Information System for Alien Species (CO-PI)
Internships and Scholarships:
- 3-16 April 2017, internship in Centre for Ecology & Hydrology, Wallingford (UK) working on European Ladybird App project, supported by COST TD 1209 European Information System for Invasive Species
- 1 February – 31 July 2015, 6 moths research stay in plant-insect interactions lab of Dr. JT Lill, Department of Biological Sciences, The George Washington University, Washington DC, supported by National Scholarship Programme of Slovak Republic
- 15-26 September 2014, collecting field data for research of ladybird assemblages, Centre for Ecology & Hydrology, Wallingford (UK), supported by COST TD 1209
List of my publications:
BioControl, 62 (3), pp. 409-421, 2017.
International Journal of Acarology, 42 (4), pp. 212-217, 2016, ISSN: 1945-3892.
Environmental Entomology, 45 (2), pp. 436-445, 2016.
Annals of Forest Research, 58 (1), pp. 185-190, 2015.
Folia Faunistica Slovaca, 17 (3), pp. 247–256, 2012.