PPM Research Group
Adamčíková Katarína, Mgr., PhD.
Slovak Academy of Sciences
Institute of Forest Ecology
Head of Plant Pathology & Mycology
949 01 Nitra
Phone: +421 37 6943 339
Research Interests: fungal diseases of woody plants, biological control, mycology, diversity and distribution of pathogens, plant protection. Current research interest: chestnut blight disease, Dothistroma needle blight, ash dieback.
- PhD., Faculty of Agrobiology and Food Resources Slovak University of Agriculture in Nitra, Slovakia 2004 (plant protection)
- MSc., Faculty of Natural Sciences Comenius University Bratislava, Department of Plant Physiology, Slovak Republic 1997 (biology – plant physiology)
- Institute of Forest Ecology of Slovak Academy of Sciences
- Senior researcher (since 2013)
- Head of Branch for Woody Plants Biology (since 2012)
- Scientific researcher – (2003 – 2012)
- PhD. student (1997 – 2003)
- VEGA 2/0077/18 Identification, genetic variability a pathogenicity of economically important needle cast species on pines (2018-2021, project leader)
- VEGA 2/0062/18 Ash dieback: the causal agents and disease control strategy (2018-2021, member of research team)
- SK-FR-2017-0025 Spatial analyses in population genetic studies of tree pathogens (2018-2019, project leader)
- VEGA 2/0018/18 Systematics and phylogeny of the genus Dermoloma in Europe and North America (2018-2021, member of research team)
- APVV-15-0210 Distribution potential of different fungal groups in Europe (2016–2020, member of research team)
- VEGA 2/00143/15 Study of the effect of environmental variables on the incidence and spread of chestnut blight in European chestnut (Castanea sativa) in Slovakia and possibilities to control this disease (2015-2018, deputy of project leader)
- VEGA 2/0069/14 Biology, spread and diagnostics of harmful agent Dothistroma septosporum (Mycosphaerella pini), D. pini and other harmful agents of pines assimilation organs (2014-2017, deputy of project leader)
- VEGA 2/0071/14 Species diversity and biological characteristics of parasitic fungi associated with damage and withering of woody plants (2014-2017, member of research team)
- HUSK/1101/2.2.1/0230 Name of project: Our common natural resource: the European chestnut (2012-2014, project leader)
- APVV SK-MAD 0024-10 Study of genetic resources of selected nut crops in Slovakia and Romania (2011-2012, member of research team)
- VEGA 2/0149/10 Study of morphological, genetical and biological characteristics of selected genera of fungi from Coelomycetes, their pathogenicity and occurrence in different ecological conditions (2010-2013, member of research team)
- VEGA 2/0149/10 Study of the phenotypic and genetic variability and different susceptibility to the fungi diseases European chestnut (Castanea sativa Mill.) (2010-2013, member of research team)
- Euphresco 2016-G-223 Lecanosticta – Brown spot disease of pines – spread in European forest ecosystems: impact on pines, predisposing and contributing factors, control (2017-2020, member of research team)
- COST FP 1403 Pine pitch canker – strategies for management of Gibberella circinata in greenhouses and forests (2015-2019)
- COST FP 1103 Fraxinus dieback in Europe: elaborating guidelines and strategies for sustainable management (2012-2016)
- COST FP 1102 Determining invasiveness and risk of Dothistroma (2011-2015)
List of my publications:
Phytotaxa, 328 (2), pp. 127-139, 2017, ISSN: 1179-3163.
Mycological Progress, 16 (8), pp. 811–821, 2017, ISSN: 1861-8952 .
Baltic Forestry, 23 (1), pp. 52-55, 2017, ISSN: 2029-9230.
European Journal of Plant Pathology, 148 (2), pp. 283-294, 2017, ISSN: 0929-1873.
Mycological Progress, 16 (1), pp. 47–62, 2016, ISSN: 1617-416X.
Botany, 94 (10), pp. 941-956, 2016, ISSN: 1916-2804.
Biologia, 70 (5), pp. 559–564, 2015.
Plant Protection Science, 51 (3), pp. 141-149, 2015.
Cryptogamie, Mycologie, 35 (2), pp. 163-176, 2014, ISSN: 0181-1584.
Príčiny hromadného hynutia gaštana jedlého [Causal agent of European chestnut blight] Journal Article
Zahradnictví : časopis profesionálních zahradníků, 13 (7), pp. 48-51, 2014, ISSN: 1213-7596.
Spread of chestnut blight in Slovakia in relation to the site topography and climatic characteristics Inproceedings
Acta Horticulturae: Proceedings of the second European congress on chestnut : Debrecen, Hungary, Baia Mare, Romania, Modry Kamen, Slovakia, October 9-12, 2013. , pp. 35-42, ISHS, 2014, ISBN: 978 94 6261 032 3.
Gaštan jedlý na Slovensku a v Európe : pestovanie, ochrana, variabilita a využitie [European chestnut in Slovakia : growing, protection, use and genetic variability] Book
Garamond, Nitra, 2014, ISBN: 978-80-89408-18-4.
Screening resistance to chestnut blight in young chestnut trees derived from Castanea sativa × C. crenata hybrids Journal Article
Folia Oecologica, 41 (1), pp. 1-7, 2014.
Diversity of microfungi on branches of Castanea sativa in Slovakia [Diverzita mikroskopických húb na konároch Castanea sativa na Slovensku] Journal Article
Polish Botanical Journal, 58 (2), pp. 741-746, 2013, ISSN: 1641-8180.
Phytopathological evaluation of woody plants in the Arboretum Včelárska paseka in Kráľová pri Senci, Slovak Republic Journal Article
Folia Oecologica, 40 (1), pp. 41-49, 2013.
Central European Journal of Biology, 7 (2), pp. 267–274, 2012.
Gaštan jedlý na Slovensku. Perspektívy jeho ochrany a pestovania. Book
Garmond, Nitra, 2012, ISBN: 978-80-89408-14-6 1.
The development of population structure of Cryphonectria parasitica on European chestnut (Castanea sativa Mill.) in the Experimental Castanetarium Horne Lefantovce, observed over a 12-year study period Journal Article
Horticultural Science , 36 (2), pp. 55-60, 2009.